Thursday, April 06, 2006

Moving messages in PINE

I'm stuck with using PINE/Mutt at uni - partially because they don't have KMail (or much of KDE for that matter) and mainly because I want to be able to access it over SSH from anywhere. Today my inbox finally got too big to manage so I started splitting it up into multiple folders and combined the scheme with filters.

And guess how you save a message in PINE? Well it's not by pressing 'S' for "Save" (that moves messages between folders). It's 'E' for "Export".

In other news, I had a dream where I swear I saw Terminator 4. Great sequel, plot but as with all good dreams, I forgot by the time I had woken up. Too bad. Would have sold the plot to the Governor of California otherwise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you want to move multiple emails, do a ; for a SELECT
Then A for apply
Then choose where to move them

PINE/ALPINE is wonderful, much better than any GUI.

I need to learn mutt.